- I am thankful for the creators of Twitter for giving me a place to interact with educators around the world and engage in rich professional development constantly.
- I am thankful for the colleagues that I have who I will not name, for their willingness to put up with my impulses to try new things in my classroom.
- I am thankful for the local education foundation that has helped fund my efforts to continue technology integration in my classroom and my peers'.
- I am thankful for the parents of my students who support what I do and help create a strong partnership between home and school.
- I am thankful for my administrators for getting out of my way when I want to try something new and let me continue to push the envelope in the name of student learning.
- And finally... I am thankful for my students and their frustration with mediocrity in their education that pushes me to never be mediocre when it comes to their learning.
As I sit in the lobby of my sons' gymnastic classes, I felt it appropriate to reflect on the holiday looming tomorrow. Most of us like to take this time to reflect on what we are thankful for in our personal lives. I wish to very briefly mention the things that I am thankful for in no particular order.
Posted by Josh Stumpenhorst